Behaviours that occur in the classroom and interfere with the learning of self and/or others.
- Not having appropriate equipment and materials
- Being off task but not disrupting others
- Failure to turn in homework/failing to complete assignments
- Failure to bring signed materials from home
- Agenda notebooks not completely filled in daily
- Wearing caps and/or outer garments in school
- Failing to follow the reasonable request of a teacher
- Talking out
- Disturbing another student in any way
- Being out of seat without permission
- Showing disrespect/defiance
- Improper use of equipment and/or materials
CONSEQUENCES – Consequences for Tier 1 misbehaviour can range from a minimum of a “look” in the vicinity of the problem to a maximum of a parent conference and/or detention administered by the student’s classroom teacher. Time out can occur either before or after school, during the noon hour, or during recess.