The Adolescent Brain - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugle - Part 2
This 90 minute skill-building workshop will include:
- A 30 minute summary presentation (if you missed the first!) concentrating on understanding the adolescent brain and the emotional needs of your teen.
- A 30 minute skill-building portion will focus on developing realistic, hands-on parenting tools to improve your relationship and communication with your teen.
- The last 30 minutes will be dedicated to a specific Q & A period
- Build your capacity and confidence in parenting your teen.
- How to play a more significant role in improving your teen's mental health and well-being.
- Better understand the mental health concerns of adolescents from a brain development point of view.
- Learn about adolescent brain development: left and right brain functions and structures (and why that's important).
- Understand the healing power of a positive parent-tenn connection.
- Develop the specific steps needed to improve communication with your teen.
- Learn how to navigate the teen world (sleep etiquette, homework, relationships, screen=time) more effectively.
- Lessen the frequencey of eye-rolls, door slams, shoulder shrugs and grunts ;D
Danelle Spence, BSc., BEd., MA., R.Psych., is a former teacher, school counsellor and registered psychologist. She has a passion for psychology and the teenage brain rooted in over 24 years of experience working with children and adolescents. Her experience spans private practice, hospitals, eating disorder clinics and schools.
To purchase tickets to this event please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-adolescent-brain-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-part-2-tickets-55978545336
Community Education Services offers a variety of free workshops. Please review the link below to see what might be beneficial for you and your family.